Free Credit Report
Your Free Credit Report every 6 months can help you stop identity theft before it gets established. Any unusual activity or unexpected inquiries on your report can alert you to someone building a false identity using your credit.
WHAT TO LOOK FOR ON YOUR FREE CREDIT REPORT
By checking your credit, you can see if any unauthorized accounts have been opened or if there has been a credit inquiry from an unauthorized source. You can contact the companies directly if you suspect something is wrong. Important: Be sure to look on your credit report for any unfamiliar addresses that a thief might be using to divert your mail.
OUR FREE SYSTEM
The FSI system reminds you twice each year to check your credit report for anything unusual. We’ll send an email that includes instructions how to do it and a link to the website. Contact us today or simply sign up using the form on the right.
IS IT REALLY FREE?
Yes, it is really free. Federal law regulating credit bureaus requires them to make your information available to you once a year. Unlike most “free credit report” websites, this government-mandated website has no hidden catches or fees.
- Click the blue button below
- On their opening page, click the Request Report button
- After identifying yourself, you will be asked to choose a company:
– During the second half of 2015, select “TransUnion”
– During the first half of 2016, select “Experian”
– During the second half of 2016, select “Equifax”
– We use a different company every 6 months, because each one is only required to give you a report once per year.
*To be reminded each 6 months, sign up for emails from FSI in the column on the right
- Follow the on-screen instructions